Looking after your hair from scalp to tip should be an important part of your everyday beauty routine. Here you can discover ways that you can start using tea tree oil for hair care to keep your hair in the best condition possible. Plus, read here for everything you need to know about using tea tree oil.
What are the benefits of using tea tree oil for hair care?
Using tea tree oil for hair care is not a new concept. Here are ways that using tea tree oil can benefit your hair.
- It will moisturise your scalp and prevent a build-up of excess oils.
- It can soothe dry and itchy scalp conditions like seborrheic dermatitis.
- It can treat dandruff thanks to its antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
How to use tea tree oil for hair care
Here are some top tips for using tea tree oil for hair care as part of your beauty routine.
- Always use a carrier oil. Tea tree oil should not be used on its own. Instead, add a few drops to your favourite oil, for example almond or jojoba oil before use.
- You don’t need much for it to be effective. You will only need two or three drops added to a carrier oil such as coconut oil to be able to reap the benefits.
- Use tea tree oil to have a warm scalp massage. As long as you remember to use it with your chosen carrier oil, you can heat it to give yourself a weekly warm scalp massage. Allow it to sit for half an hour before rinsing out to help keep your scalp and hair healthy.
- Use tea tree oil for hair refreshing. Make up a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of tea tree oil to add a refreshing spritz to your hair. This can be left in and keep your hair fresh throughout the day.
- Add tea tree oil to your shampoo. This is a great way to treat dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis. Simply add up to 15 drops to your shampoo and wash your hair with it as normal.
- Rub it into your scalp to promote hair growth. Although there is no way to make your hair grow faster, using tea tree oil within a carrier oil to massage your scalp can help to remove dry, dead skin. Cleaning out the pores will allow your scalp to do its job better and hopefully encourage better hair growth.
If you’re looking for a natural way to care for your hair and scalp, using tea tree oil for hair care is a great start; and this how-to guide is a great place to get started.